Sic Semper Erat
This is a setting aspect. It and The Three Orders apply to all scenes.
The Roman Catholic Church dominates every aspect of life in this world. Christian faith molds your mind. You might have unorthodox or even radical opinions, but they grow from seeds in Christian thought. The cycle of holy days and saints’ feasts forms the rhythm of the year. Most of the art you’ve seen and the music you’ve heard has a religious subject. You might not be a religious person yourself, but you live in a deeply religious world.
- Invoking: You invoke the authority of the Church as a papal emissary.
- Enduring: You try to convert a crowd to Islam.
- Compelling: You must attend Easter services.
- Declaring: You pass a procession of monks.
- Substituting: You can’t use this aspect to substitute for a skill, though the GM might use it to set a dynamic difficulty in some specific circumstances.